An article published in the Financial Post late last week identified five mega trends outlined in a report published by the Bank of America Merrill Lynch that will shape the future of investing. In it, the article talks about five themes namely:
- Earth (steady depletion of basic resources such as food, water and energy)
- Innovation - genetics, robotics and automation (displacement of traditional brands)
- Shift in global demographics (aging population, income gaps, growing middle class)
- Impact of government regulations on equity markets (excessive regulation could discourage investment decisions)
- Impact of rising interest rates (unpredictability/volatility of interest rates makes it challenging to maintain a portfolio)
The article suggests investors should realize that along with these challenges are opportunities that come with it as well – specifically in the agri-tech sector. With only a select group of companies that possess disruptive technologies in the areas of “precision agriculture” and “genomic-enabled modified crops”, investors should take note that these advances should help dispel concerns and realize that these companies are poised to address the challenges and capitalize on future growth opportunities.
Clean Seed Capital Group is one of these companies capable of reaping the benefits of its proprietary disruptive technology and is intended for investors who appreciate the blue-sky potential in this sector.
Click here to read the Financial Post article (published on July 31, 2014)
To gain further insights into the Clean Seed Capital Group, please read the introductory blog prepared by The Howard Group and posted on the Howard Group Insight Live Blog – click here